Avial Banane ki Vidhi
Avial is an important dish popular in Kerala, the God's own country. Avial is an excellent option for veg lovers. Avial looks fabulous in presentation as it is prepared with many vegetables like carrot, drumsticks, peas, pumpkins, gourds, beans, etc, for flavor and seasoning coconut paste, curry leaves are used. The whole feast presents a multicolored look and taste delectable. Now, you can try this semi dry preparation with us.
- 1cup: Yam sliced thinly into 11/2" length pieces
- 1cup: Snake gourd sliced into 11/2" length pieces
- 1cup: Cucumber sliced lengthy into 11/2" thick pieces
- 1/2cup: Long runner-beans sliced into 11/2" length pieces
- 1/4cup: Carrot sliced into into 11/2" length pieces
- 2 : Fresh Drumstick cut into 2" length pieces
- 1 : Raw banana sliced into 11/2" length pieces
- ½ tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup : Grated coconut
- 5 : Green chillies
- ½ tsp: Cumin seeds
- 2 sprig: Curry leaves
- 3 tbs: Coconut oil
- Mango pieces for sour
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely grind the coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds. Keep it aside.
- Clean the vegetables.
- Heat 2 tbs coconut oil in a thick bottom vessel.
- Add the vegetables and cook in a low flame. Do not add water.
- When it is done, add turmeric powder, salt and mix it well.
- Remove the vegetables from the middle and put sliced bananas and mango pieces and cover it with the other vegetables.
- When steam comes out, add the coconut paste and stir well. Remove from fire.
- Mix the remaining coconut oil and curry leaves in the avial.