Cabo Raj Bhavan Governors Palace Goa
Set on the edge of a narrow layer where Mandovi and Zuari rivers merge into the sea the Raj Bhavan also known as the Governor's Palace is the official residence of the governor of Goa. After the liberation of Goa came to be known as the Cabo Raj Niwas.
Built in 1540 AD, the Cabo Raj Bhavan was called 'Palace Cabo "in the Portuguese era and was the residence of the Governor General. A chapel which is about 500 years old is at the corner of the Raj Bhavan, the party which is celebrated on August 15 and a big fair is held.
The Raj Bhavan palace was originally built as a fortress for monitoring and controlling the entry of ships at the mouth of Mandovi and Zuari rivers and to protect them. It has a fine collection of ancient artifacts such as Bohemian crystal chandeliers and china and is a two story structure. Was taken as the Governor General's residence in 1866 and In the Cabo Raj Bhavan site you can also visit a small church that was founded in 1541 by the Portuguese is known as Our Lady of Cape Church.