Aloo Amritsari Banane ki Vidhi
Punjabi dishes are simple, healthy and yet have their own fascination. From several dishes of Aloo (potato) here is another dish marking the food marvel of Punjab - ' Aloo Amritsari'. Sudden coming of guests at meal times is no more a porblem. Generally referred as 'emergency dish', Aloo Amritsari dish is easy to prepare and fast to cook.
Ingredients (Serves: 3)
- 2 sliced Onions
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1/2 cup Bengal Gram Flor (Besan)
- 1 tsp Corainder Powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Dried Pomegranate seeds (Annardana Powder)
- Oil For frying
- Handful Corainder Leaves
- Salt To taste
Banane Ki Vidhi(Method)
- Cut Potato into long pieces
- By adding little water, make a thin batter of 'Besan', Salt, Ginger-Garlic Paste & Ajwain Seeds
- Heat 2 tsp of oil, add onions and fry briefly over high heat till brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, annardana powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add the POTATO and toss well.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes at Simmer flame.
- Garnish with corainder leaves
- Serve hot aloo amritsari.