Arisa Pitha Banane ki Vidhi
Arisa Pitha is the popular delicacy of Orissa. Pithas are home made cakes known all over in Orissa for their unique taste and presentation. Prepared from rice flour, powdered cinnamon, jaggery syrup and vegetable oil or ghee, Pitha is luscious, mouth watering Orissa special. Similar to Kachoris, Pithas are easy to prepare and can be stored for few days.
- 1 cup: Good quality rice
- 1/2 kg: Jaggery
- 4 pcs(1/2 inch): Cinnamon (powdered)
- 200 gm: Vegetable Oil or Ghee
- ½ tsp: Salt
- Boil 2 ltrs water in a wide mouth pan, add sugar,salt,cinnamon powder and 1 tbsp ghee
- Pour semolina slowly and stir continuously, cover the pan and reduce the flame
- Cook till it absorbs the water completely (to the consistency of chappati). Let it cool.
- Knead it properly to make a smooth dough.
- Heat a pan, add coconut and sugar, fry till the coconut turns golden brown.
- Make small balls of semolina dough, roll it and stuff it with the fried coconut.
- Deep fry till golden brown.