Assam Laksa Stock Banane ki Vidhi
Wet your appetite with delicious Assam Laksa, a rich spicy broth made with a stock of flaked ikan kembong and Daun kesom (polygonum). Assam Laksa is also known as Penang laksa. Seasonings with galangal, lemon grass, turmeric and dried chillies and, most importantly, the wild ginger flowers gives assam laksa a distinctive rich aroma. Enjoy the Assam Laksa prepared with your own
- 600 gm: Flaked ikan kembong
- 50 gm: Tamarind, strained
- 3-4 stalks: Daun kesom (polygonum)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 4 litres: Water
Spice Paste (grind together)
- 30 : Fresh Shallots
- 1 tsp: Belacan granules
- 2 stalks: Lemon grass
- 10 no: Dried chillies
- 10 no: Fresh chillies
- 1.5 cm: Lengkuas
- 0.5 cm piece: Fresh turmeric
- Mix water with tamarind and strain.
- Bring tamarind water to the boil. Put in spice paste and daun kesom.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes. Put in flaked fish, stir well and remove from fire.
- Serve the stock with laksa noodles and garnish with shredded cucumber, lettuce, pineapple, big onions and chillies.
- Add a few mint leaves and sprinkle some finely sliced ginger buds and add a tablespoon of shrimp paste (har koe)